Consistent with the opinion of the President, as well as hundreds of politicians from both sides of the aisle, we believe that every physician should utilize an Electronic Medical Record. Hundreds of millions of dollars of Federal money have been spent trying to facilitate EMR adoption, and there is active discussion of billions of dollars to come.
Furthermore, we know that utilizing Dragon® Medical speech recognition greatly facilitates the adoption rate of EMRs. Moreover, the use of Dragon Medical increases the quality of the medical notes, and lowers the ‘cookie-cutter’ appearance of notes which are produced exclusively by clicking. We believe that essentially every EMR installation should utilize speech recognition, and in fact, EMRConsultant.com has as a major focus the integration of Dragon Medical with a very wide variety of EMRs.
From Barack Obama’s Full Healthcare Plan regarding Electronic Health Records Adoption.
INVEST IN ELECTRONIC HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS. Most medical records are still stored on paper, which makes them difficult to use to coordinate care, measure quality, or reduce medical errors. Processing paper claims also costs twice as much as processing electronic claims. Barack Obama and Joe Biden will invest $10 billion a year over the next five years to move the U.S. health care system to broad adoption of standards-based electronic health information systems, including electronic health records. They will also phase in requirements for full implementation of health IT and commit the necessary federal resources to make it happen. Barack Obama and Joe Biden will ensure that these systems are developed in coordination with providers and frontline workers, including those in rural and underserved areas. Barack Obama and Joe Biden will ensure that patients’ privacy is protected. A study by the Rand Corporation found that if most hospitals and doctors offices adopted electronic health records, up to $77 billion of savings would be realized each year through improvements such as reduced hospital stays, avoidance of duplicative and unnecessary testing, more appropriate drug utilization, and other efficiencies.
From: BarackObama.com – Full Healthcare Plan
Speech Recognition / EMR Resources
- To learn more about the benefits of speech recognition integration in EMRs download the latest fact sheet on Speech-Enabling Your EMR.
- For dozens of videos demonstrating the appropriate use of Dragon Medical within EMRs, please see the Dragon® Medical / EMR Video Directory.
- When you’ve determined that you would like to utilize Dragon Medical within an EMR, please visit the EMR / Value Added Reseller Directory to locate an expert who is familiar with integrating Dragon Medical with different medical software products.
- For a list of over 300 EMRs that can be filtered by 14 popular preference points including their degree of Dragon integration, please visit EHR Scope
- For personalized, free, online consultation concerning your EMR requirements, please build your EMR Practice Profile.
- Looking for the closest Dragon Medical reseller? Feel free to explore the VAR Locator Map
- If you wish to purchase, or would like a free consultation concerning your HIT needs, please call 888.898.1450.