8 replies to this topic

#1 margni

margni

• EMR Consultant
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Why Interested:Programmer

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:42 PM

One of the greatest advantages to using Dragon NaturallySpeaking is the ability to create text macros - all by using your voice - to make your work quicker and simpler...

First, create a block of text - and make sure the text is how you want in regards to format, spelling, etc.

Second, select the text - either verbally or using your mouse.

Third, turn Dragon NaturallySpeaking's microphone on and say "make that a shortcut". A dialog box appears with your selected text in it.

Fourth, name the command - and remember the name! That's the command you're going to say to activate the macro!

Fifth, check the 'Plain Text' checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box - that way your macro will be the font of the native document you're using the macro in.

Click the 'Save' button on the dialog box. You've made your macro

Now open DragonPad, Word, WordPerfect, etc, and say your command name.

#2 G8RJ

G8RJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Degree / Title:MD

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:33 AM

This trick works fine for me in DragonPad but does not seem to work when I'm using MS Word 2002. When I select a block of text and say "make that a shortcut", the message area of the DragonBar says "Nothing was selected" - even though the text is highlighted. This occurs whether I select the text manually or with verbal commands.

Jay

#3 margni

margni

• EMR Consultant
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (G8RJ @ Mar 1 2005, 11:33 AM)
This trick works fine for me in DragonPad but does not seem to work when I'm using MS Word 2002.  When I select a block of text and say "make that a shortcut", the message area of the DragonBar says "Nothing was selected"  - even though the text is highlighted.  This occurs whether I select the text manually or with verbal commands.
Jay

Let me test this... BRB...

#4 margni

margni

• EMR Consultant
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (margni @ Mar 2 2005, 08:16 AM)
Let me test this... BRB...

I tested this problem on my system - DNS V8 Medical + MSWord 2003 (that might make a difference... but I don't know)

I dictated some text into Microsoft Word.

I gave the command "select all". All of the text was selected (highlighted).
I gave the next command "make that a shortcut", the "add new command wizard" appeared, and the selected text was in the content box of the new command wizard.

I gave the command and name, and also check the plaintext checkbox at the bottom corner -so my new macro would retain the native font of whatever document I used it in.

I ran my new macro command, and it worked.

??? What a my doing different from what you did?

#5 G8RJ

G8RJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Degree / Title:MD

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:37 AM

I am using DNS 8.0 professional (upgraded from 7.3). I tried it again today and got the same results. The message area of DragonBar says "Nothing was selected" even know the text is highlighted. Works fine in DragonPad however. Wonder what I'm doing wrong? I can use macros created in the Command Browser without difficulty. It just seems that the "make that a shortcut" is not working.

JayAttached File  DNS_macro_problem.JPG   32.46KB   103 downloads

#6 margni

margni

• EMR Consultant
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (G8RJ @ Mar 2 2005, 11:37 AM)
I am using DNS 8.0 professional (upgraded from 7.3).  I tried it again today and got the same results.  The message area of DragonBar says "Nothing was selected" even know the text is highlighted.  Works fine in DragonPad however.  Wonder what I'm doing wrong?  I can use macros created in the Command Browser without difficulty.  It just seems that the "make that a shortcut" is not working.

Before I say anything else... I like our new forum with it's picture and other capabilities... Seeing a screenshot is... well.. as the saying goes "...worth a thousand words..."

So this is upgraded DNS from 7.3 to 8.0, and Word 2002 (word XP) correct? -I'm looking around to see what I can find out...

#7 margni

margni

• EMR Consultant
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (G8RJ @ Mar 2 2005, 11:37 AM)
I am using DNS 8.0 professional (upgraded from 7.3).  I tried it again today and got the same results.  The message area of DragonBar says "Nothing was selected" even know the text is highlighted.  Works fine in DragonPad however.  Wonder what I'm doing wrong?  I can use macros created in the Command Browser without difficulty.  It just seems that the "make that a shortcut" is not working.

So have you tried any reload/repair of DNS + word ??

#8 DrJames

DrJames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Why Interested:Want to know what to get when I graduate

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

Does anyone here have experience with the macros designed by Larry Allen? I understand that he is quite an expert at dragon macros for EMRs.

#9 KnowBrainer Tech Support

KnowBrainer Tech Support

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Consultant:KnowBrainer
  • Degree / Title:Developer
  • Why Interested:Speech Recognition

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (DrJames @ Apr 19 2008, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone here have experience with the macros designed by Larry Allen? I understand that he is quite an expert at dragon macros for EMRs.

Larry and his book are the bomb but it isn’t the only game in town. KnowBrainer 2007 includes 11,000 timesaving prefab commands, all of which you can see the code (unlike DNS) for copying, editing, deactivating etc… You will find more information in our What is KnowBrainer and KnowBrainer also includes a patent pending technology called VerbalBasic which allows you to create commands by voice rather than being forced to learn and type the code in DNS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users