10 replies to this topic

#1 JasmineMD

JasmineMD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:59 PM

I've heard that Misys has a great Practice Management program, but not such a hot EMR.

I've heard many doctors who are using the Misys PM keep it, and then integrate it with another EMR.

Here's my question. Having neither a practice management system or an EMR, does it make sense to purchase Misys practice management, and an EMR from another company - or is that a good solution only if you're already using Misys PM.

Has anybody done just what I've asked above, and if so, what were the results?

#2 Ques

Ques

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:56 PM

I"ve not heard of anyone doing just what you've said, and I would be of the opinion that you should consider purchasing separate databases ONLY if you already have one part of the system.

If you are starting from scratch, you should purchase one system that keeps everything together on one database.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.

#3 G_Zoe_*

G_Zoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (JasmineMD @ Jan 2 2006, 06:59 PM)
I've heard that Misys has a great Practice Management program, but not such a hot EMR.

I've heard many doctors who are using the Misys PM keep it, and then integrate it with another EMR.

Here's my question.  Having neither a practice management system or an EMR, does it make sense to purchase Misys practice management, and an EMR from another company - or is that a good solution only if you're already using Misys PM.

#4 G_Zoe_*

G_Zoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:48 PM

If you are considering Misys, you should get both their EMR & PM systems. Misys is notorious for it's poor working relationships with other vendors. 2 years ago our group practice purchased an EMR system from a different vendor than Misys and we've had so many problems with the interface between Misys for practice mgmt and the EMR system. Misys is one of the few vendors who uses closed architecture. Your staff will wind up doing considerable double entry into EMR and PM if you don't stick with Misys for both systems.

My advice would be to stay away from Misys and get EMR and PM from vendors who have open architecture systems and track records of seamless interfaces between systems from different vendors.

#5 G_Misys rep_*

G_Misys rep_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 9 2006, 03:48 PM)
If you are considering Misys, you should get both their EMR & PM systems.  Misys is notorious for it's poor working relationships with other vendors.  2 years ago our group practice purchased an EMR system from a different vendor than Misys and we've had so many problems with the interface between Misys for practice mgmt and the EMR system.  Misys is one of the few vendors who uses closed architecture.  Your staff will wind up doing considerable double entry into EMR and PM if you don't stick with Misys for both systems. 

My advice would be to stay away from Misys and get EMR and PM from vendors who have open architecture systems and track records of seamless interfaces between systems from different vendors.

#6 G_Dana Minton_*

G_Dana Minton_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:00 AM

We are utilizing the Misys PM system, which is UNIX based, and have it is quite dated with it's ability to move forward with progressive technology. We desire a fully integratable windows-based PM and EMR system, which Misys could not provide. Although they are recommending their new "Tiger" product, it's still on a UNIX platform and has some of the same limitations.

#7 cldunmire

cldunmire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Your EMR:Misys
  • Time Using EMR:2 Years

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

Hi, there! We have Misys EMR, Tiger and PM. We feel it works very well for our needs (Gastroenterology). We also feel Misys is happy to work with other vendors and their support is great! Thanks! :-)

#8 New2

New2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Your EMR:Not yet
  • Degree / Title:DO

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:16 PM

December 05, 2006 09:12 AM Eastern Time
Silver Cross Hospital Selects Misys EMR to Improve Clinical Decision-Making and Patient Care
Hospital Physicians Choose Misys Solutions for Improved EHR System and Southwest Chicago’s First Enterprise-Wide Access to Real-Time Patient Data

RALEIGH, N.C. and JOLIET, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Misys Healthcare Systems, a market leader in healthcare IT, and Silver Cross Hospital, today announced a partnership to extend the hospital’s “Health e-Way” clinical information system into the region’s first enterprise-wide electronic health record (EHR) system using Misys solutions. Silver Cross, a 400-physician hospital located southwest of Chicago, will install Misys EMR® and Misys Tiger® in the hospital’s physician offices and integrate the system with the hospital’s current EMR using Misys Connect®. When implemented, the completed Health e-Way EHR solution will allow the sharing of patient information throughout all offices in the health system. The highly advanced, easy-to-use Misys technology will provide real-time data sharing and will assist physicians in making rapid, clinically-informed decisions leading to improved patient care.

Silver Cross hospital administrators and medical staff worked closely together to select Misys solutions to complete the Health e-Way. Silver Cross physicians tested various IT products and picked Misys EMR, Misys Tiger and Misys Connect over other vendors’ systems as the best solutions to install for the hospital physician offices. They chose Misys products for their reliability, ease-of-use and ability to easily install and integrate with the hospital’s current system.

“We work closely with our physicians to bring technology into the practice of medicine in a way that makes business and clinical sense for both the doctors and our patients,” said Matthew Ebaugh, vice president of information technology and chief information officer of Silver Cross Hospital. “Our physicians selected Misys as the best technology for their needs. As part of the Health e-Way, Misys solutions will enable Silver Cross physicians to make more clinically-informed decisions in routine and emergency situations and provide better patient care and an overall higher quality of service to the community.”

“EMRs are the way of the future. They will help facilitate better communication between the doctors and the hospitals through expedited test results and record transfers, and reduced paperwork, which will give all physicians more time to spend with their patients,” said Dr. Joseph Hindo, internal medicine physician on staff at Silver Cross Hospital. “And as EMRs become more widely accepted, they will be beneficial in processing claims with the insurance companies, including reduced mistakes and billing errors.”

Silver Cross will implement Misys EMR and Misys Tiger, for practice management, in waves across all specialties. Misys Connect, a Web-based data sharing portal, will connect Silver Cross physicians, hospital clinicians and caregivers, regardless of technical solution, to provide full access to patient information. With the customizable EHR and the ability to share data in real-time, Silver Cross is positioned to become a hub within the community to share critical patient data even beyond the walls of the hospital, further increasing patient care and safety. Moving forward, Silver Cross will be able to connect and share data with external physicians in the community to create a virtual healthcare environment.

“As caregivers continue to adopt electronic medical records, they see the value in becoming a truly interoperable healthcare community. We are encouraged that more and more hospitals are turning to Misys solutions to achieve their goals,” said Tom Skelton, CEO of Misys Healthcare Systems.

Misys Healthcare Systems and Silver Cross Hospital will launch the partnership with a dinner reception event on December 6th at the Patrick C. Haley Mansion in Joliet, Ill. For more information about the event, please contact:

Kristin Kuehner, Misys Healthcare: 414-351-0440, or
Tracy Simons, Silver Cross Hospital: 815-740-7119.
About Silver Cross Hospital

Silver Cross Hospital, a not-for-profit healthcare provider, has been creating world-class health care experiences for the southwest suburban communities for over a century. Silver Cross has been recognized as one of our nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Solucient and as one of America’s Most Friendliest Hospitals by the American Alliance of Healthcare Providers. At Silver Cross Hospital we believe in exceptional care. It is simply the way you should be treated. For a referral to a physician on staff at Silver Cross visit www.silvercross.org or call 1-888-660-HEAL.

About Misys Healthcare Systems

Misys Healthcare Systems, one of the top five healthcare IT companies in North America, develops and supports reliable, easy-to-use software and services of exceptional quality that enable physicians and caregivers to more easily manage the complexities of healthcare. Misys’ family of leading clinical products and Web-based technologies – Misys Optimum™ solutions – are designed from the ground up to share patient data across all medical care settings. Misys Optimum connects community-based physicians and caregivers to the acute care enterprise, enabling increased efficiencies, better decision-making and improved hospital-physician relations. For more information, visit www.misyshealthcare.com.

About Misys plc

Misys plc (FTSE: MSY.L), the global software company, is one of the world’s largest and longest-established providers of industry-specific software. Founded in 1979, Misys serves the international banking and healthcare industries, combining technological expertise with in-depth understanding of customers’ markets and operational needs. In banking Misys is a market leader with over 1,200 customers, including 49 of the world’s top 50 banks. In healthcare Misys is also a market leader, serving more than 110,000 physicians in 18,000 practice locations, 1,200 hospitals and 600 home care providers. Through Sesame, a wholly-owned subsidiary, the company is also a leading provider of support services to financial advisers in the UK. Misys employs around 6,000 people who serve customers in more than 120 countries. For more information, visit www.misys.com.

Misys. Making things that really matter, work better.

#9 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:17 AM

Attention

I saw an outstanding EMR + PMS at AAD 07 at WC, by name 'MDTotal'
Its a very good combination of EMR and PMS, and they are offering it at rock bottom prices

http://www.mdtotal.com

#10 cvt98

cvt98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Your EMR:NextGen and E-Docs
  • Time Using EMR:16 + years
  • Manufacturer:n/a
  • Degree / Title:Operations Management

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (JasmineMD @ Jan 2 2006, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's my question. Having neither a practice management system or an EMR, does it make sense to purchase Misys practice management, and an EMR from another company - or is that a good solution only if you're already using Misys PM.

I had experience with Misys for years as in over 12 years and when the Tiger version came out you couldn't even run a simple daily schedule report without out it locking up and our office was referred to as Star Trek out of 16 office sites for a reason. We had the T1 lines the newest computers with the fastest processors and big RAM and I had the knowledge to deal with the technology integration. When I heard that they were coming out with a EMR I thought to myself they can't even get their primary product to function properly. Why on earth would you even begin to market a EMR and even as current as yesterday I had to deal with Misys PM/EMR in a office that merged with ours and it still doesn't function great. Misys is very proprietory and any estimates we got to get the information to interchange with a EMR other than its' own was very expensive, our company went with another practice management system that was a lot more EMR compatible, there are alot of other practice management systems out there that will do what you want and will work easily with a EMR for a lot less money.

#11 JasmineMD

JasmineMD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:03 PM

Now it is Allscripts!

Better - yes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users